Quick to read
Build your vocabulary
Why read it?
- We recommend reading the first few books in the series.
- The style of English is not too difficult.
- The first few books are not too long, around 350 pages each.
- They are very engaging, with many wonderful characters and adventures.
- There is a lot of useful vocabulary to learn, but also many words which have been invented for this world of fantasy.
Harry Potter is an internationally bestselling and award-winning series of seven fantasy novels about the life of a young wizard, Harry Potter. Harry, an orphan, discovers at the age of 11 that he is a wizard. Shortly afterwards he becomes a student at Hogwarts School. It is there where most of the events in the series take place. The main story running throughout the seven books is Harry’s fight to kill Lord Voldemort. The books also introduce important human topics such as friendship, infatuation, anxiety, stress and much more. Although written for a young audience, these books have attracted a wide adult audience.