Quick to read
Build your vocabulary
Why read it?
- Excellent practice of dialogue, spoken English and question forming.
- The language in this edition has been adapted to a more modern English.
- The words in bold teach you which words are stressed in the sentence, so it also helps you with spoken English.
- The beautiful illustrations make it very dynamic and easy to understand the context.
- It is a very quick to read, which is perfect for motivation.
This graphic novel is based on the well-known and very popular British play by J.B. Priestley. This detective thriller takes place on one single night in 1912 and focuses on the rich Birling family. That night the family is having a dinner celebration when they are visited by Inspector Goole. The inspector questions the whole family about the suicide of a young working-class woman called Eva Smith. We learn the family’s shocking secrets are we are given a very powerful philosophical message about society and humanity.