Quick to read
Build your vocabulary
Why read it?
- The author’s way of writing is very clear and understandable.
- The style of a collection of diary entries makes it feel like the character is speaking directly at you.
- The story and events are really engaging, which makes it a really exciting book to read.
- It is a little long, 350 pages, but because the style is rather easy it will be quicker than other books of the same length.
- It is the first book in a series of four, which means that if you love this one you can read others of the same style.
Life As We Knew It is a young adult science fiction novel. It is the first book in a series of four. It tells the story of 16-year-old Miranda and her normal teenage life in Pennsylvania living with her mother and brothers. But her ordinary life suddenly and completely changes when an asteroid hits the moon and brings it closer to Earth. They have to survive the lack of food, extreme cold, worldwide tsunamis, earthquakes and more. This book is told over a year and is narrated in an interesting collection of diary entries.