We want all our members to be able to participate and share their ideas and opinions about our book and film club selections. The goal of our club is to help you use your English in a practical and real way. Everyone who contributes to these conversations should be able to express their views and beliefs in a safe environment, without feeling attacked. In order to create a safe online place for intelligent and respectful dialogue, everyone who participates in our online book and film clubs must agree to and abide by the Code of Conduct detailed below.
Debate is encouraged, but it must remain civil and respectful. We do not tolerate disrespect, discourtesy, vulgarity, or threats of violence on our online forums.
This means that H2English reserves the right to remove all posts and comments that:
- contain vulgar, obscene or indecent language or images.
- abuse, insult or threaten others.
- are bigoted, hateful or racially offensive.
- advocate illegal activity or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
- display or link to content that contains inappropriate or vulgar language, pornographic or sexually offensive material.
- discuss race, religion and politics using expressions or language that are considered foul, vulgar, hateful, bigoted, sexually harassing, racially offensive, or are in any way discriminatory.
- that personally attack, insult, threaten, criticize, harass or are clearly disrespectful of the opinions of other forum participants, moderators or staff.
- promote violent action, even in jest. This includes threatening or attempting to incite violence toward another user, person or entity for ANY reason.
- give, discuss, request or link to information that is either directly or indirectly related to obtaining pirated or unauthorized copyrighted materials.
- interfere with, criticize and / or publicly comment about moderation decisions. Messages commenting on or criticizing forum administrative actions will be removed without warning. As with all moderator decisions, there is no right to appeal.
- disrupt dialogue. We do not allow users to repeatedly post the same information to our online forums in a deliberate attempt to "spam", clog or otherwise inhibit open discussion.
- flood the forums and chat with redundant messages, empty messages, advertisements, clearly irrelevant "+1 Post Count" messages, and/or nonsensical messages.
- reference subjects entirely unrelated to H2English book and film club topics.
- promote unsolicited or unauthorized commercial advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation.
- are inflammatory, insulting, antagonistic or made simply with the intent to provoke disruption to the forum. "Trolling" and baiting will not be tolerated. Trolling is deemed to include messages aimed to incite disruption or stir up trouble, without any attempt to contribute positive suggestions or comments.
The following actions also constitute a violation of the Code of Conduct:
- Using an invalid email address for your user account.
- Registering multiple accounts with intent to disrupt the community.
- Registering accounts with usernames or using screen names that are offensive or created with intent to cause disruption to the forums.
- Uploading forum avatars and banners that are offensive or created with intent to cause disruption to the forums.
- Any attempts to breach forum, chat room or website security, or gain unauthorized access into user accounts. This includes the action of guessing passwords, successful or not. Assisting others with such attempts or actions also constitutes a violation.
- Invade a fellow user's privacy or improperly reveal a fellow user's identity. Unauthorized posting of personal information (names, address, phone number, email etc.) of other users.
- Attempt to impersonate or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent another user, person or entity.
- Violate existing copyright, patent, trademark or other proprietary rights.
- Impersonating H2English staff or H2English appointed moderators on the forums, in the chat or H2English web site areas generally.
Please note: If a user violates our Code of Conduct, H2English reserves the right to ban them from further participation on any of our online forums and chats.
- Posts or other material which is deemed inappropriate by the site administrators or appropriate team managers will be deleted upon discovery. Users who violate the Terms of Service may lose their account permanently.
- Account suspensions are at the sole discretion of H2English.
- All users are required to provide a valid email address where they can be contacted at any time.
- Any person actively using these sites is implicitly agreeing to these rules regardless of whether they have been read or not.
- If you are unhappy about anything which you see anywhere on our sites, please email the team coordinators at H2English
- Help us maintain a safe space. Please do not encourage abuse by responding to abusive posts or otherwise engaging in the furthering of inappropriate topics and posts. And, if you notice anything you find offensive on the H2English online forums and chats, we would appreciate it if you would let us know by contacting us.