Build your vocabulary
Why watch it?
- This film has clear and standard accents, mainly American, British and French.
- There are many characters, so you can hear a variety of different speakers and accents.
- The speech is generally quite slow.
- The dialogues are generally short and easy to follow.
- There is a lot of visual context to help you follow the film.
The Last of the Mohicans is a historical drama, set in mid-18th century America during the colonial conflicts between Britain and France, 20 years before the American War of Independence. It tells the story of Hawkeye (Daniel Day-Lewis) a white man adopted and raised by the last of the Mohican tribes. It is a movie filled with adventure, history, culture and romance.