Build your vocabulary
Why watch it?
- There are various different English accents in this film.
- The dialogues are short and easy to follow.
- The main character is learning English and you can learn some vocabulary or expressions as he learns them.
- The speech is clear and generally slow.
- There is lots of clear visual context to help you understand what is happening in the movie.
The Terminal is an American comedy-drama film about a man who becomes trapped in New York’s JFK Airport terminal. He is denied entry into the United States and at the same time can’t return to his homeland because of a military coup. During the film Viktor Navorski (Tom Hanks) learns English, makes new friends, gets a job and falls in love. All without leaving the airport!