Build your vocabulary
Why watch it?
- This film has clear standard American accents.
- There are only a few characters which makes it easy to adapt to their voices.
- The dialogues are generally short.
- There is a lot of visual context to help you understand what is happening.
- A lot of the vocabulary used is related to everyday life.
Up is an animated comedy-drama film about an elderly widower called Carl Fredricksen who, as a boy, wanted to explore South America. At 78 years old he ties thousands of balloons to his house and finally begins his adventure to South America to complete a promise he made to his wife. He is accompanied on his journey by a young boy called Russel and together they meet new friends and run into danger. It is a beautiful film that will make you both laugh and cry!