Guide to writing your blog post
So, you are thinking about writing for our blog. That’s fantastic!
But before you start writing, please take a look at our guide to writing a blog post.
- There is no real limit or minimum.
- We would recommend writing between 500 and 1,000 words. This will give you enough words to elaborate your topic or idea fully.
- We don’t want you to worry too much about writing perfectly. It’s completely normal to make mistakes.
- Focus on providing interesting contents and expressing your ideas clearly.
- If you do want help correcting parts of your blog post, then you could use the Lang-8 platform. This is an online platform or native speakers who help correct written work.
- Include a brief description of yourself:
- Why you are learning English
You must NOT:
- Mention or promote language learning resources or activities. If you do this, unfortunately we will not be able to publish your blog post.
- An important experience that you have had
- Something that made you happy, grateful or appreciative
- An experience that changed your life in some way
- An important person in your life
- Someone who taught you something important
- Someone who has been an important support or influence to you
- Someone who has inspired you
- An important life lesson that you have learnt
- Something that you believe about life
- An experience that taught you something very important
- A funny anecdote
- Something funny that has happened to you
- Something funny that has happened to you related to your English learning
- An interesting anecdote
- Something interesting that has happened in your life
- A trip or adventure
- A trip that you enjoyed
- A trip that was surprising
- A place that went to that you really liked
- Your country or culture
- Something interesting or surprising about your country
- Something interesting or surprising about your culture or customs