Here we will give you some ideas of reading for lower levels of English.
- Simple English Wikipedia - Did you know that there is a version of Wikipedia in simplified English? Well, yes there is! It doesn’t have as much information as the regular Wikipedia, but it is a great place to read if your level is quite low.
- Breaking News in English - This is a great ESL news website! You can find interesting news articles in 7 different levels of English. You will definitely find the right reading level for you here.
- ELT graded readers – These are books which have been adapted for specific English levels. Some of the main publishers are Cambridge, Oxford and Macmillan. These are a great option for you because the vocabulary and structures have been specifically chosen for the level of English.
- Young readers - These can be more challenging, because they are books written for adolescent native speakers. We would recommend that you try one to see if it is a good level for you. Here are some books that we would recommend: Once, Two Weeks With The Queen, Life As We Knew It and The Diary Of A Young Girl.
- Change English - This is a YouTube channel that has low level (0, 1 and 2) graded readers. You can read and listen to them at the same time. This is great to help you with the pronunciation of the words.
- Reading is an important activity to help you build your English.
- It’s really important to choose the right level for you.
These resources should be good for beginner levels. But remember, the most important thing is to find the right level for you. So try as many different resources as possible.